FICTIOИ PLANE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FICTIOИ PLANE

Fiction Plane forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Only Me!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikki Plane
First class passager [Fictionaire]
Nikki Plane

Only Me! Empty
PostSubject: Only Me!   Only Me! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:48 am

Hey everyone,

Most people already know who I am and how I ended up being a massive fan but I shall tell again for those who don't.

I first heard about the band when I discovered the Police where going on tour in January 2007. I looked them up and found their mySpace page and hear 2 Sisters and just thought "WOW!" Shocked

I wanted to get to know a little more about them so joined up with their page and started listening to their music and went to iTunes and downloaded everything that was on there! By the time the gig in Amsterdam came up (September 2007) I was well educated and proudly able to sing along to most of their songs - after that first performance I was just hooked. I guess it was extra special as this was Stings sons band and I have been such a huge Police and Sting fan for so many years. It was like I was saying goodbye to the old and saying hello to the new! These guys ROCKED! And they were playing the sort of music I want to listen to right now!

SO, the next day I met the guys in FAME - a record store in Dam Square where they had an acoustic set and a meet and greet after. I have NEVER been so nervous - all I could think was "thats Stings son"! By the time I got up there I was a nervous wreck and just said to Joe "Hi, I'm a pretty big fan"! Erp. I am sure he thought I was quite odd! He signed a cpoy of LSPTB for me and then said he recognised my Irish accent and asked if I was going to the gig in Dublin in Croke park. Of course I am I smiled! He said "we're doing a club gig over there although I can't remember where". I asked him if I mentioned a venue if he would recognise the name and he said he thought so. I said "Is it Whelans?" and he said IT IS!!! So I told him I would see him there. While we were talking someone was filming and the video showed up on the Police official fan site! Yay! After that I spoke with Pete and Seton who were MUCH easier to talk to and told them I would see them in Dublin and they had better remember me! I walked out of that store on cloud 9 and totally smitten with the band. I knew then and there that I would probably be one of their most loyal supporters as I had not felt this way about a band since.....well, since the Police actually!

In October in Dublin I went to see the guys in Whelans. I knew from checking their page on mySpave that a few other mySpace fans would be there. When we got there ( I made my cousin Cormac and my other half Beau come down really early so we could get a place near the stage) the place was EMPTY. Literally. There was a couple of girls - one with a backpack near the stage - and that was about it. I couldn't believe it - although they were charging 26 euro for an unknown band which might have helped explain it - I think the promoters thought that because it was Stings son that people would pay out of curiosity. But then they didn't even advertise the gig! Anyway - they looked upset but went on and played an absolute BLINDER of a show. They ended up playing to 50 or 60 people and were totally amazing. After the gig I went to say hi and they remembered me from Amsterdam which really made my day! I mentioned that I had gone to try and join a fan group as I really wanted to speak to others who really liked the band but I couldn't find one - they didn't know if there was one or not so the next day I mailed them and asked them if they would like me to set up a group for them. I got the infamous answer from Joe saying "Do it, do it, DO IT, DOITDOITDOITDOIT!" So I did! And the Fictionaires were born.

I started the group last October and if anyone had told me that within one year I would have made the greatest friends I have ever had - travelled to other countries to go to gigs and created a group where almost everyone who joins becomes a member of this amazing family I would have laughed out loud. I could never have guessed what a difference Fiction Plane and the Fictionaires have made to my life and when Joe named me Queen of the Fictionaires in London in March I could have died of happiness then and there! Their acceptance and acknowledgement of our group meant so much to me and since then I have learned how important the group and its members are to them so I feel very proud to be a part of this whole thing. There is no other band that matches Fiction Plane for me. There are other bands I like but there are no other bands I would go to so much trouble for or give my time for. With FP I WANT to spend as much time as possible on them whether it is for PR work, or to listen, or to run the group - for whatever reason I have to get my fix every day or I am not happy! I don't know what I did with myself before these guys came along and I can see myself, along with all the other Fictionaires having a twenty year anniversary party - never mind a one year!

So - it's fantastic to be a part of the whole Fiction Plane experience - there are no other fans in the world like the FP fans and the best of them all are the Fictionaires. We ROCK!!!

Hope we get to see a lot of new fans in here and maybe some of them will become Fictionaires and get to be a part of this totally awesome group of people who are dedicated to three very special guys.

Thats about it - talk to you all soon! bounce I love you

queen Nikki
Back to top Go down
http://groups.myspace.com/fictionplanefans
chicken
Control tower [Fictionaire]
Control tower [Fictionaire]
chicken

Only Me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only Me!   Only Me! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 1:16 pm

I could not have said it better!!! i feel the same!!

we're big and great family and will stay !!!!

Hi and welcome here Mum!!!!

cheers I love you Only Me! 155331
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hittheroadagain
Christa
Christa

Only Me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only Me!   Only Me! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Welcome aboard, Queen Nikki! cheers
Back to top Go down